Wednesday 26 May 2010

I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO



I never expected too but Tony Bennett was right, this is one heck of a city.  It is really rich and diverse with so much to see and do, a long weekend was just not enough.
Everywhere you went there were fantastic street musicians playing all kinds of different music from blues to boogie, blue grass and even assorted drummers wonderful.



We were 23 floors up in our hotel and had the most wonderful view of the Bay Bridge from our balcony which could be seen peeking out between the sky scrapers.

Our friends joined us for the last part of our trip and we spent the afternoon in the roof terrace at Macy's at the Cheesecake Factory.  Oh my goodness I have never seen so many cheesecakes in one place, so much choice, where does a girl begin to choose.

This was our final choiceyummy.
The portions were so huge that we all shared, I would not mind but we had a small lunch there as well which was a big as a large one here.  My goodness the Americans sure know how to eat.

Finally we returned using the cable car - you can just make out theBay Bridge at the bottom of the hill.

As I say a wonderful vibrant city and one we will definately return to.

Now we are back in good old Blighty and if I can just get over this jet lag!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place Deb and the cheesecake looks scrummy ! Shame you couldn't have brought some home with you.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the comment with Annie- what no cheesecake!
    Glad you had such a good time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your holiday. I love that picture of the Bay Bridge. And, as the others have said..wot, no cheesecake! My blogs name is from The Big Bang Theory, where the character, Penny, makes these hair clips, Pennyblossoms, and she works at the Cheesecake Factory.
    Welcome home!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and for your comments they are much appreciated.