Tuesday 21 September 2010

PUTTING THE KITCH IN KITCHENALIA

On my recent trip to Kent we visited Rye which is a very quaint little town with lots of little shops selling antiques and collectables.  The one that stood out for me was “Country Ways” on the Quay this was the shop of Jane Wick’s Kitchenalia and girls eat your heart out,  I have never seen so many fantastic items in such a small space!!! 

I could have spent hours just browsing around in there, I did manage to find some Christmas presents whilst I was in there but cannot reveal them as the people they are for might get to read the blog and I don’t want to spoil their Christmas surprises.
The streets were full of interesting nooks and crannies
I could not resist taking a photo and having a little peek inside this house.
The Quay full of antique shops.
Also while I was off work this week I decided to get a bit more creative and I have made another two picture boxes to take to the fair.
"Sisters"
"Boys Will Be Boys"
Plus of course another little foray to my favourite Charity shops and I found these couple of bits to go into the booth.
All in all a good weeks break off of work I would say  – unfortunately back to the grind and normality tomorrow.  I love holidays

4 comments:

  1. Great finds Deb, love the basket.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures that you've made, how gorgeous are they!
    Thanks for the lovely comments you always leave, sorry I don't get a chance to reply more frequently- but I really do appreciate them
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like one of those shops you can lose all sense of time in.
    I love holidays too, always on a count down to the next!Linda:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now that IS a lot of stock. I wouldn't know where to begin to look thru' it all. Bet you found some gems.
    I feel awful, as I still haven't made it to your booth yet. Been having "issues" with leaving the house, but hopefully will get there soon...and that you'll be there too!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and for your comments they are much appreciated.