Thursday 3 March 2011

A LITTLE BIT OF SHOPPING

Not long to go until the Northampton Vintage and Home Made Fair and I thought I would go a bit further afield to try and find some vintage goodies for the stall.  I have been on annual leave this week and decided to take myself on a trip to some antique places I had never been before.

Firstly I visited Bourne Mill Antique Centre in what was an old mill which is a warren of tiny little rooms over four floors filled with bits and pieces, some stuffed in nooks and crannies that you just had to peer into, very quint.  The owners were very friendly and helpful and I came away with a few items from there.

Second visit was up the road to the Antiques Warehouse the setting for this old converted barn is in wonderful fields of horses in paddocks and then up a gravel drive to
This was fullof exquisite antiques most of whcih were out of my price range but which were lovely to look at. 

If only I still had my big garden.  Mind you I did manage to find items in both places, some of which went straight over to the booth in Brackley and some I have kept back for the fair.

Here is s sneak peek of some of the bits I will be taking with me.


Also whilst out and about I found this young lady who has joined my other dolls.  I actually came across her in a Red Cross Charity shop.  Even though she is not in the best of conditions - needs a little bit of TLC with a needle and thread, I could not resist her and out the cabinet she came.
She has such a lovely face and her little red apple cheeks look like they have been kissed many times as they are a little rubbed.  Now she can join some of my other dolls (oops another of my  collections).



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day, love the hair brush set, and your doll ;-)) enjoy the rest of your week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buys, that looks like a good day out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place! Looking forward to seeing you at the fair!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and for your comments they are much appreciated.