Monday 2 August 2010

SUCH A LOVELY DAY

Saturday was one of the greatest days of my life, how did my little babies turn into such wonderful, beautiful girls. This will be a day that I remember as one of the highlights of my life.
It was eldest daughter’s wedding day and she looked absolutely stunning, all the hard work that she had put into having the perfect wedding came to fruition and perfect it certainly was.

From the time we got up in the morning the whole day went by so smoothly, even the hairdresser commented on how calm we all were. Now for all of those that know our family know that CALM is not a word I would use to describe us but it was like a feeling of “oh well we have done all we can now let’s just enjoy it” came to the fore. Mind you I have to say when I got to the church with 10 minutes to spare and could not park the car CALM was the last thing I felt.... I just dumped it, threw the keys at one of the ushers and demanded he park it for me as I rushed into the church only to find my mother and mother in law in the wrong seats. I can tell you trying to move two old ladies one with a stick after a recent knee operation in a hurry also did not make me feel CALM.


Anyway after those minor hiccups the rest of the day went off beautifully and everybody appeared to enjoy themselves immensely. The weather was kind to us the rain passed over and it was not too hot. The food was wonderful, the Walnut Tree Inn in Blisworth did us proud and all wiped a tear away at some time during the great speeches given by hubby and son-in-law some of laughter and some of pure emotion. All that was left was to raise a glass of bubbly to the toast the happy couple and wish them a long and happy life together.


God bless you all my lovely family.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow you all look amazing!!! Gorgeous!!!
    Congratulations!!!
    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look beautiful. It sounds like a truly amazing day. Can't wait to see you and hear all about it.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you had such a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
    My very best wishes to the Happy Couple.
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day, you must feel so proud Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased it all went well. You look fabulous! You all do.Time for a bit of you time now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family! I'm so pleased you had such a lovely day. SueXXX

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and for your comments they are much appreciated.