Tuesday 10 August 2010

HIDCOTE MANOR GARDENS

As I look out my office window it is dark, damp and rainy and quite miserable, although I have been entertained by a pair of pigeons having a bath in puddle on top of the garage roof opposite me.


A couple of weeks back hubby and I went out and ended up at Hidcote Manor Gardens which is owned by the National Trust and it is on a miserable day like today I look back on a sunny summer day with fond memories and so I thought I would share the lovely day with you.


Hidocte was designed and created by the horticulturist Major Lawrence Johnston in the Arts & Crafts style, it is made up of  garden rooms, each possessing its own special character, and it is a wonderful place to wind away a few hours just taking in the different plants and also gives you ideas for planting and landscaping.





I rather fancy this as a summer house.

It is funny how plants can lift one's emotions, I am feeling better already, now to get out in the garden and do some dead heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and for your comments they are much appreciated.